1. First, we presuppose that God is a personality so that we can have an I and You relationship with Him.
2. A second presupposition is the imminence of God. The imminence of God tells us that God is near so He can hear our prayers.
3. A third presupposition is the omnipresence of God. God is everywhere so when I am praying in America and a believer is praying in Israel, God can hear both of us and see both of us.
4. A fourth presupposition is the sovereignty of God. We really believe that He has control of His Creation. He controls both persons and events; both persons and things. Because we believe He is sovereign, we make these requests of God.
5. Fifth, we also presuppose the omniscience of God; that He knows everything and knows how best to answer our prayers.
6. Sixth, we presuppose the omnipotence of God; that He is all-powerful.
7. Seventh, we presuppose the promises of God; that He promised He will listen.
Published on Thursday, May 22, 2014 @ 4:46 AM CDT