This is a four verse sentence that contains very powerful information.
Eph4.11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the shepherds and teachers, 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.
- Apostle: Was with Jesus and witnessed His resurrection
- Prophet: God’s chosen human messenger
- Evangelist: One who announces good news
- Shepherd: Pastors
- Teacher: Bible teachers
- Equip the saints for the work of ministry
- Building up the body of Christ
So not to
- Be children
- Tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine
- Human cunning
- Craftiness in deceitful schemes
Published on Saturday, September 14, 2013 @ 4:35 AM CDT