#339 Eight Guarantees in Christianity
I am Fred Myers the founder of For the Fathers Ministry, and this is Faith by the Numbers.
Count your way to wisdom in number three hundred thirty-nine of this series, Eight Guarantees in Christianity.
The number eight in the Bible signifies resurrection and a new beginning. But, it must be remembered that Christianity requires obedience. In fact, Jesus speaks to the claiming of His name without being in obedience.
Lk 6:46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?
God’s call is to obedience and for obedience there are guarantees of the blessings found in Christianity. Salvation is guaranteed upon the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, but God only blesses our life in the wisdom of obedience.
Eight Guarantees in Christianity:
- If we call on the name of Jesus Christ, we are guaranteed salvation and eternal life.
- If we confess our sins, we are guaranteed forgiveness of our everyday sins that we confess and all other unrighteousness in our life.
- If we walk in the light, we are guaranteed fellowship with one another.
- If we keep God’s commandments, we are guaranteed effective prayer.
- If we keep God’s commandments, we are guaranteed awareness that the Holy Spirit abides in us.
- If we love as commanded, and speak the gospel as commanded, we are guaranteed to have a multitude of sins covered.
- If we do not grow weary and endure, we are guaranteed to reign with Christ.
- If we are in Jesus Christ, we are guaranteed resurrection as He was resurrected.
The teachings of Christ and the imitation of Christ is a requirement to receive the guarantees in Christianity.
2 Jn 9 Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
I pray that you know these eight guarantees are your precious possession.
I am Fred Myers, and this is Faith by the Numbers.
It is my prayer that many will count their way to wisdom through this series and find the peace that surpasses all understanding.
Ro 10:13 For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
Jn 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
1 Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
1 Jn 3:22 and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.
1 Jn 3:24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
Jas 5:20 let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from his wandering will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.
1 Pe 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.
Ga 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
2 Ti 2:12 if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us
Ro 6:5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.
Published on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 @ 4:12 AM CDT