A series of bomb blasts targeting Christians in Baghdad has killed at least three people and injured two dozen more, security sources have said.
At least 14 roadside bombs were detonated and a mortar round was fired in Christian districts across the Iraqi capital last night and early this morning.
An interior ministry source told Reuters that the attacks were a “continuation” of the massacre at Our Lady of Salvation church which killed dozens of worshippers last week.
The Islamic State of Iraq – an al-Qaeda front group – claimed responsibility for the Baghdad church attack and warned in a message published on militant websites that more attacks would follow. “We will open upon them the doors of destruction and rivers of blood,” the statement said.
Two Christians were also reported to have been murdered on Sunday.
Published on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 @ 7:43 AM CDT