Deut18.15 “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your brothers—it is to him you shall listen…
Just how closely did Jesus’ life parallel that of Moses? An investigation of both men’s lives reveals that they shared more than fifty similar characteristics. Here are just a few examples …
1. Both men spent their infant years in Egypt, sheltered from those who wished to kill them.
2. Both men grew to become tremendous leaders, teachers, and prophets.
3. Both men fasted for forty days.
4. Both men delivered the law from a mountain—Moses from Mount Sinai, Jesus during the Sermon on the Mount.
5. Both men performed remarkable miracles before eyewitnesses.
6. Both men had power over demonic forces.
7. Both men had power to control bodies of water—Moses parted the Red Sea, Jesus calmed the Sea of Galilee.
8. Both men’s faces shone with the glory of heaven—Moses on Mount Sinai, Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration.
9. As Moses lifted up the brazen serpent to heal his people, Jesus was lifted up on a cross to heal believers from sin.
10. On the seventeenth day of the month of Nisan, Moses offered salvation to the children of Israel by leading them through the Red Sea. Fifteen hundred years later on the same day, Jesus offered salvation to the world by rising from the dead.
11. Both men died on a hill.
12. Neither of their bodies remained in a tomb.
 LaHaye, T. (2009). Jesus. Colorado Springs, CO: David C. Cook.
Published on Thursday, December 6, 2012 @ 4:58 AM CDT