From The Blog
Fourteen Things We Know
#226 Fourteen Things We Know
I am Fred Myers the founder of For the Fathers Ministry, and this is Faith by the Numbers.
Count your way to wisdom in number two-hundred-twenty-six of this series, Fourteen Things We Know.
The phrase “we know” is an interesting phrase. It is interesting because the writer wants to assure every Christian about certain important things of faith. Christians know that the Bible is about 1800 pages in length and packed with riches from God, yet there are many things that every Christian still has doubts about. John in First John must have seen this among the believers that he was discipling, and he wanted to give them certain assurances to strengthen them.
Fourteen Things We Know:
- We know that we are saved when we keep God’s commandments.
- We know that we are in the last hour and that many antichrists will come.
- We know that when Christ appears we will be like Him.
- We know that we are not subject to the second death.
- We know love through Christ laying down His life for us.
- We know that Christ abides in us by the Spirit.
- We know that those that know God know the difference between the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
- We know that when we abide in Christ He abides in us.
- We know that Christians love other Christians.
- We know that he hears us in whatever we ask.
- We know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
- We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning.
- We know that we are from God.
- We know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true and have eternal life.
Did you know these fourteen? Did you know the full treasure of your salvation? Now is a good time to thank God for the good of God which we have as your precious possession.
I am Fred Myers, and this is Faith by the Numbers.
It is my prayer that many will count their way to wisdom through this series and find the peace that surpasses all understanding.
1 Jn 2:3 And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments.
1 Jn 2:18 Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour.
1 Jn 3:2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is.
1 Jn 3:14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death.
1 Jn 3:16 By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.
1 Jn 3:24 Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
1 Jn 4:6 We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error.
1 Jn 4:13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
1 Jn 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
1 Jn 5:15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
1 Jn 5:18 We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him.
1 Jn 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.
1 Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.
For The Fathers teaches the Bible to all that will listen; men, women, and children with an emphasis on men's ministry.
For the Fathers Ministry is a non-profit ministry that seeks to heal and strengthen families by the power of God's Word. To heal and strengthen a man is to heal and strengthen his whole family. For every man that receives the Gospel, his walk in Christ will reach and be seen by many.Learn More
Evangelism 101 Part 26
Jul 23, 2017Listen to Podcast
Pittsburgh, PA WWNL-1080 AM 12:45-1:00 PM Tuesday
Indianapolis, IN WBRI-1500AM 7:45-8:00AM Sunday