From The Blog
Seven Rules for Giving Advice
#84 Seven Rules for Giving Advice
I am Fred Myers the founder of For the Fathers Ministry, and this is Faith by the Numbers.
Count your way to wisdom in number eighty-four of this series, Seven Rules for Giving Advice.
There are biblical principles found in Proverbs and Ecclesiastes for giving advice. Give it only to those who ask or are under your care and supervision. Advice is almost always given to those that want no part of it. Therefore, advice, if possible, should only be given if it is asked for, or for those that are under your care and supervision.
Seven Rules for Giving Advice:
- People that do not ask for advice will hate you and the advice. People that ask for advice will love you.
- Unwanted advice incurs abuse and injury.
- Unwanted advice is never heeded.
- Unwanted advice will sometimes help a man of understanding who is listening while you give advice to another.
- Advice is an insult to the person who feels that they are already wise.
- Unwanted advice cures nothing, and only causes strife…therefore the frustration.
- The old and the young need advice, but unfortunately, there does come a time when those that once prospered with advice now refuse to accept advice to their own harm.
Christians are given wisdom as to giving unwanted advice, but Christians are also given a command to share the Gospel. The Gospel may be unwanted, but it is not the same as advice. Advice is a help in life, but the Gospel is eternal life therefore, speak the grace and mercy found in Jesus Christ to others.
I am Fred Myers, and this is Faith by the Numbers.
It is my prayer that many will count their way to wisdom through this series and find the peace that surpasses all understanding.
Pr 9:8 Do not reprove a scoffer, or he will hate you; reprove a wise man, and he will love you.
Pr 9:7 Whoever corrects a scoffer gets himself abuse, and he who reproves a wicked man incurs injury.
Pr 15:12 A scoffer does not like to be reproved; he will not go to the wise.
Pr 19:25 Strike a scoffer, and the simple will learn prudence; reprove a man of understanding, and he will gain knowledge.
Pr 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice.
Pr 13:10 By insolence comes nothing but strife, but with those who take advice is wisdom.
Ec 4:13 Better was a poor and wise youth than an old and foolish king who no longer knew how to take advice.
For The Fathers teaches the Bible to all that will listen; men, women, and children with an emphasis on men's ministry.
For the Fathers Ministry is a non-profit ministry that seeks to heal and strengthen families by the power of God's Word. To heal and strengthen a man is to heal and strengthen his whole family. For every man that receives the Gospel, his walk in Christ will reach and be seen by many.Learn More
Evangelism 101 Part 26
Jul 23, 2017Listen to Podcast
Pittsburgh, PA WWNL-1080 AM 12:45-1:00 PM Tuesday
Indianapolis, IN WBRI-1500AM 7:45-8:00AM Sunday